Most people know that YouTube is the largest, most popular video sharing site on the web. But few know that YouTube has surpassed Yahoo! as the 2nd largest SEARCH ENGINE in the U.S. just behind it's owner Google. Let that sink in for a minute. If you're not on YouTube in some way, you're missing out.
Note: I'm assuming you already have a website, blog, at least a Facebook page and use email. If not, then please get those accounts set up so you have places to put your video. Need a website and or a blog? Read my article on Weebly Websites & Blogs.
1. You'll need to set up a YouTube channel if you don't have one. It's easy to do and there are lots of ways to customize it. Make sure you fill out all the sections with your business information, address, links to your websites, etc., The search engines will store that information and present it when a search is performed for your type of business. For example, if you're a handy man in Chandler, Arizona, put that information on your YouTube channel, because people use keywords like "Handy Man" "Chandler, Arizona" when they search for a local handy man.
2. Don't just upload and think you're done! Include information about your business for each and every video. Too many people forget there are at least 3 places to include keywords and/or links back to your website: Title, Description, and Tags.
3. Share The Video! YouTube offers a link you can copy and paste to emails, use as a hyperlink in text, etc., Use the embed code to place on websites, blogs, Facebook, etc., You can even use videos to respond in the comments section of other YouTube videos.
Unlike TV advertising, where you have to pay for each time your ad plays, YouTube videos are free to view, free to share, and have an indefinite life! If you create a video that is not time and date specific, you can repost your video over and over. Ask your colleges, friends and family to watch your video, "like" it, and comment on it. That will raise it's popularity, which will indirectly raise the visibility of your website.
People tend to watch a videos more than they read text because it's more engaging. Case in point: Here's a company video we did for Superstition RV. Grab some coffee and watch this video. Then after watching it ask yourself these questions:
- How do I feel about Ron Enyart?
- Would I feel comfortable buying a used RV from Superstition RV?
- Would my feelings about Superstition RV be the same if I just read about it?
- How would a video like this one help my business?
Have your feelings about video marketing changed a bit? Want help with your video marketing? Contact Arizona Video Company today and harness the power of YouTube for your business!
Please leave a comment below and feel free to "Like" it and thanks for sharing this post!